The popular ASTROX 99 series known for generating dominating smash power, is coming out with new technology and a new look ? in collaboration with men’s singles World No1. Kento Momota. The new ASTROX 99 goes a step beyond unequivocal raw power, gaining the ability to control the pace of the game. Like the ASTROX 88 S/D models, the new ASTROX 99 will be available to a wider audience with versions PRO, TOUR, GAME, and PLAY, designed and crafted with the same performance concept for different levels of play.
- Ensures a stronger more flexible frame, while increased shaft flex creates maximum power.
- Combines solid hitting feel and quick swing.
- ISOMETRICTM technology continues to help the world’s greatest players achieve global success.
- Developed over 30 years ago, the ISOMETRICTM design increases the sweet spot by 7%*. Compared to a conventional round frame, a square-shaped ISOMETRICTM racquet generates a larger sweet spot by optimizing the intersection of the main and cross strings.
- ISOMETRICTM delivers greater control without sacrificing power. ISOMETRICTM is a Trademark of Yonex CO., LTD.
Rotational Generator System:
- By applying the counterbalance theory, weight is distributed throughout the grip end, frame top, and the joint for maximum control. The transition to the next shot can be performed smoothly, with rapid succession.
Energy Boost CAP:
- The new shape allows the shaft to flex, which ensures the maximum effect of “Namd(more flex and faster kick-back graphite material)” and stabilizes the racquet face by preventing the shaft twisting, increasing control
- Increases strength between the frame and shaft eliminating head twist for more control.
Power Assist Bumper:
- Attached to enforce heavier, increased power by configuring the weight directed into the shuttlecock with a tungsten-infused nylon bumper.
- Flex: Medium
- Frame: HM Graphite / NANOMESH NEO / VOLUME CUT RESIN / Tungsten
- Shaft: HM Graphite / NANOMESH NEO
- Joint: Built-in T-Joint
- Length: 10 mm longer
- Weight / Grip: 4U (Avg.83g) G5, 6 / 3U (Avg.88g) G4, 5, 6
- Stringing Advice: 4U: 20 - 28 lbs, 3U: 21 - 29 lbs
- Color(s):White Tiger, Cherry Sunburst