Pro-Tec Athletics Pre-Cut Kinesiology Tape
How does it work? On skin, the Kinesio Tape pulls the upper layers of skin, creating more space between the dermis and the muscle. The space created is believed to relieve pressure on the lymph channels in the area between the muscle and the dermis, creating more space for lymph flow and thus better lymph drainage through an affected area. This space also houses various nerve receptors that send specific information to the brain. When the space between the epidermis and the muscle is compressed, such as during an injury, these nerve receptors are compressed and send information to the brain regarding continuous touch, light touch, cold, pain, pressure, and heat. This information causes the brain to send out certain signals to the body on how to react to particular stimuli. Kinesio Tape alters the information that these receptors send to the brain and causes a less reactive response in the body, allowing the body to work in a more normal manner and removing some of the roadblocks that normally slow down the healing process. Kinesio Tape also is felt to affect deeper tissues in the body. Increased space theoretically allows muscles greater contractility, which in turn pushes more fluid through the muscle, resulting in better muscle performance. The end results are believed to be reduced muscle fatigue, increase in range of motion, and better quality of muscle contraction. Kinesio Tape is used to improve joint alignment by affecting the muscles and fascia and can reduce poor function of a joint by influencing opposing muscle groups and joint mobility.
- Effective relief for muscle tightness, knee pain, IT Band syndrome, shin splints, hamstring tears, plantar fasciitis, epicondylitis (tennis elbow), wrist pain and most soft tissue injuries.
- Promotes circulation, reduces muscle fatigue.
- Provides moderate soft tissue management.
- Each package includes 20 pre cut pieces (10 straight cut pieces - 2” x 9”, 10 pre cut Y strips – 2.375” x 9”)
- Simple application directions